(keitai-l) MobileMonday, which keitai to buy, network-games, content providers

From: Joris Verschoor <j.verschoor_at_insomniq.com>
Date: 03/30/05
Hi,

I've been watching this list for quite some time now, and this will be
my first post.

I'm going to Japan next month, and I have a couple of questions:

* Is mobile monday every monday? If not, where can I find the dates?

* I'd like to buy a phone/handset/terminal/keitai, so I can play a
couple of games and test my software on it. I don't need to call,
because I'll only stay for 3 weeks.
Are there one month contracts available? Do the handsets work without a
sim / connection (when I'm back home). I heard that japanese handsets
are not as open as the european. Is it even possible to use consumer
devices for development, or do you need a special devkit?
What are you experiences with the vodafone 802/902 for use in the eu.
(global roaming)?

* What network games are available in Japan and korea right now, and how
much do they cost / how much users are there?

* What content providers should I contact for networkgaming? We'll be
finishing our first network game in a month or s, and it'd be great to
go to the japanese / korean market too.

Thanks,

Joris Verschoor