(keitai-l) Re: Bluetooth, iSync and the blues...

From: nick may <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 03/30/05
> I'm looking for a Bluetooth-enabled phone from a Japanese carrier
> which can:
> 1) Import and export data (via BT) reasonably easily to and from OS X,
> preferably via iSync

Panther or Tiger? Tiger, due mid April (maybe) promises (kedo...)
syncml support. That should allow it to sync with the Voda 702NK over
isync, currently available for 1yen (2 year contract) or 3000yen (1
year contract)

2) Work as a BT modem at decent speeds (>128k) with OS X

Not sure.../not tried.

> 3) Be able to use a Plantronics BT headset
Voda 702NK

> I don't care about cameras, video, etc. Global roaming (even at a
> price) to
> GSM countries would be nice.

Voda 702NK

> And... I would like an English-language interface (phone software
> design
> seems to get progressively worse as the designers cram more and more
> features into the beasts).

Voda 702NK

The only caveat about the 702NK is that Voda 3G is perhaps not as all
encompasing as FOMA. Getting 3rd party unsigned apps onto it (it runs
symbian OS) can be tricky, but is very do-able.

Nick