(keitai-l) Re: "i-appli taking long time connecting to servlet"

From: Peter Van der Weeen <pvanderweeen_at_cerego.co.jp>
Date: 06/08/05
When posting data you normally open an OutputStream before calling connect()

OutputStream o = c.openOutputStream();
o.write(data);
o.flush();
o.close();
c.connect();

If you're not sending any data to the server, only downloading images, then you might want to try out the more simple GET.

Also, I assume you're running this download process in a separate thread. Have you tried getting the 30 images one by one (sequentially) instead of in one batch of 30? How's the download speed?

Peter