(keitai-l) Re: "i-appli taking long time connecting to servlet"

From: Kapil Sharma <kapes.endless_at_gmail.com>
Date: 06/08/05
Hello

For security reasons the i-appli has a problem (as per my knowledge)
that it can't keep the http connection open and therefore we have to
take a chunk of 30 images from servlet at once.

I think it's better to use POST method as GET is for the browser's local display
and sending data is through POST only.

I have tried -----

(1.) on i-appli side ---- if we can't close the outputstream and then
call httpCon.connect() the i-appli program is not able to connect to
the requesting servlet.

(2.) on servlet side --- if we are sending images one by one we have
to make the outputstream close and open sequentially .it seems not to
happen without sequential POSt request from the client side. means the
same costly time again and again.

On 6/8/05, Peter Van der Weeen <pvanderweeen@cerego.co.jp> wrote:

> When posting data you normally open an OutputStream before calling
> connect()
>
> OutputStream o = c.openOutputStream();
> o.write(data);
> o.flush();
> o.close();
> c.connect();

[ excessive quoting removed by moderator ]
[ Please don't always quote everything...]