(keitai-l) Re: Tu-Ka

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 08/25/05
On Thu, 25 Aug 2005, Gerhard Fasol wrote:

> TuKa will be merged into AU.

Are they going to start using AU's XHTML->HDML gateway? If so, problem solved.

> TuKa has about 3.6 million customers...TuKa is not that minuscule...

In this context, it's miniscule. If, instead of just XHTML, you do XHTML
and HDML, you increase your potential market size by less than 5%.
Given the typical increase in develoment and maintenance costs you get
from supporting both, it's not worth it in most cases. (I've built both
XHTML-only and multi-markup websites.)

> Ask Swisscom-Mobile if they think of themselves
> as a "minuscule" company... I don't think so!

Compared to DoCoMo?

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974

***   Contribute to the Keitai Developers' Wiki!   ***
***           http://www.keitai-dev.net/           ***