(keitai-l) Re: japan device capabilities

From: Andrea Trasatti <atrasatti_at_gmail.com>
Date: 10/26/05
On 10/26/05, dc <lister@pikkle.com> wrote:
> Hi -
>
> I guess this is a european perspective, but from Japan the devices are
> definitely NOT all the same.

[CUT]
WURFL does list information about screen sizes, flashlite 1.0 and 1.1
and a little more.
It is clear that you have in mind a number of capabilities that you
will need and you think that the i-mode market needs.
This is good.

The WURFL already supports a system called "WURFL patch" that lets you
take the main XML and apply your own modifications. You might consider
using WURFL+patch file or go on with your own database. This is up to
you.
If you are willing to share the information, please let me know when
you'll do it, RSS or anything else is about the same. If you are going
to do your own repository I will have to parse and "adapt it" anyway.

Let me know if I can do anything to help you.

--

Andrea Trasatti
atrasatti@gmail.com