(keitai-l) Re: Ajax/DOM Nookia/Apple webkit

From: Shannon Jacobs <shanen_at_gmx.co.uk>
Date: 11/14/05
> Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 14:53:27 +0900 (JST)
> From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
> Subject: Re: Ajax/DOM Nookia/Apple webkit

<snip>
> The AU phones are the same, although I've heard you can pay some extra
> charge to get packet-houdai for the PC site browser as well.
>
> There are i-Appli PC site browsers that you can get that let you
> browse PC sites but still use your standard packet-houdai plan.

I've pursued this precise question at some length with AU, and they
definitely deny that they sell any such service for connecting to a PC.
However, I wondered how they could detect it if you were using some
application that simply received the packets, acted as a proxy on the phone,
and simply passed them to the computer.