(keitai-l) Re: SMS vs mobile email

From: William Volk <bvolk_at_bonusmobile.com>
Date: 11/30/05
Gerhard Fasol wrote:

> The numbers of emails/day/person and similar basic usage
> data in Japan are figures which every serious mobile industry
> professional in Japan has at the back of his head. You can't do
> business successfully in Japan's mobile industry without this
> basic knowledge (although many foreigners are trying).
> It's like "The Knowledge" for London Taxi drivers.
> So no serious Japan-mobile industry professional will
> be surprised by the data in these figures. However, I am
> not surprised that you are surprised.

My understanding, and correct me if I am wrong, is that the revenue for
services in Japan (mobile browser based) is derived from data charges?  Is
this correct???

Is there a billing mechanism for mobile email (similar to P-SMS) as well?  I
wasn't aware of one.

Thanks,

William Volk
CEO, Bonus Mobile Entertainment