(keitai-l) Re: Flash vs. Java, Round 2

From: Claus Hoefele <claus.hoefele_at_gmail.com>
Date: 12/04/05
Hopefully, the Mobile Service Architecture for CLDC/CDC and Sun's
cooperation with NTT DoCoMo
(http://www.sun.com/smi/Press/sunflash/2005-06/sunflash.20050629.2.html)
will create a next generation, mobile platform that broadens Java's
possible application. From what I can read on the Web, CDC is supposed
to play a larger role in NTT DoCoMo's plans. This is in sync with the
advancement of phone hardware.

Instead of competing with Flash in the field of simple yet visually
appealing applications, a fight Java will loose, it's time to take
over more system level tasks such as PIMs, call managers, or
background servers. A domain where Symbian applications are strong at
the moment. The key will be to integrate Java tightly into the phone.

BTW: Isn't Flash being replaced by Ajax right now?

Claus