(keitai-l) Re: Flash vs. Java, Round 2

From: Paul <pbl1_at_cornell.edu>
Date: 12/07/05
    Yes I know J2ME doesn't work well.... but it might in BREW version 3 when it
is released.
I think there are at least 1 or 3 version 3 BREW handsets available either in
the US or Japan.
I'd like to try them out and see if I had time,

    Java has been in the works at BREW for at least 2 years now... maybe a
little bit more.
The problem with BREW is with certain evil handsets.... BREW doesn't even really

support the BREW (aka the KX series esp and some others, esp Motorolas and
Nokias)
its supposed to! (Same can be said for evil handsets with J2ME as
well, especially when it was with those 503's.... lots of problems back then,
sometimes it was the network and date buggy P, the slow F, or the rolling
and midi synthesizing SO, the evil bugs (most of which were not considered bugs
since everyone had a N it was the standard to go by)in the N, etc etc).

    Of course what is J2ME.... that is the question!  There's MIDP, CLDC... etc
etc.