(keitai-l) Re: Mobile Web Development in Japan: A Tag Soup Tale

From: Mike Sheetal <msheetal_at_cyber-media.co.jp>
Date: 12/07/05
I am not trying to be evasive here, my comments are in reference to
things we worked on a little while ago and I am not working on this
production work right now so my head is full of other things. When i am
back in production mode i will have a closer look at it. what i am
focussing now is data documentation models ... maybe recognising
gateway processing of xhtml on everything that goes through au is a
nice capability to be documenting.

I am fully open to the possibility that we have made some assumptions
that dont hold ... very interested in testing the xhtml model you
describe and see the results.

as for the functions, they would be rewriting tags based on handset
capabilities. only becomes efficient in large scale projects, but i am
thinking about it now before jumping in. The goal is to display the
best page possible to each handset, not just to show a page that can be
seen.

best,
mike