(keitai-l) Re: smartphones

From: Arnold P. Siboro <asiboro_at_maltech.jp>
Date: 12/08/05
As someone pointed out, I meant native apps, not Java apps.
IMHO Java apps tend to be limited in functionality and performance, but
this may not be true in all cases.

BTW, almost all recent handsets now can install Java, except perhaps
BREW ones.

On Thu, 08 Dec 2005 17:06:32 +0900
Gerhard Fasol <fasol@eurotechnology.com> wrote:

> Arnold P. Siboro wrote:
> > So perhaps a truly smart phones are the ones that let users
> > freely install applications, and this is normally possible only with
> > Symbian/MS/Linux(?) based smartphones.
>
> What about SH902i? that allows you to freely install JAVA i-applis,
> but it is not running Symbian or MS nor Linux.
>
> So your definition is - please correct me if I am wrong.
>
> Arnold's definition of a Smartphone:
> "A smartphone is a phone that allows to freely install applications,
> except if the application is a JAVA application."
>
> Gerhard

Arnold P. Siboro (asiboro@maltech.jp)

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
                                          --  Albert Einstein