(keitai-l) Re: smartphones

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 12/08/05
Arnold P. Siboro wrote:
> So perhaps a truly smart phones are the ones that let users
> freely install applications, and this is normally possible only with
> Symbian/MS/Linux(?) based smartphones.

What about SH902i? that allows you to freely install JAVA i-applis,
but it is not running Symbian or MS nor Linux.

So your definition is - please correct me if I am wrong.

Arnold's definition of a Smartphone:
"A smartphone is a phone that allows to freely install applications,
except if the application is a JAVA application."

Gerhard

Gerhard Fasol, PhD                          Eurotechnology Japan K. K.
http://fasol.com/                       http://www.eurotechnology.com/
g.fasol@ieee.org                              fasol@eurotechnology.com