(keitai-l) Re: Offline Browser for Mobile Sites?

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 12/22/05
Maybe I should add that many sites provide
totally dynamic/customized and secure information.
e.g. the weather site will provide the weather
next to where you are right now, or the weather
for your home location which you have registered.

Railway reservation sites, mobile banking sites,
stock trading, etc will also be totally dynamic
and secured, and have security people ensuring
that you can't access or download these systems
to your PC.

I hope you don't expect to download the total
mobile banking site of Tokyo-Mitsubishi Bank
to your PC, or the mobile ticketing system
of the Tokyo-Osaka Shinkansen-train...

Gerhard

Gerhard Fasol wrote:
> Many i-mode sites block access from non-i-mode
> browsers.
> For example if you try to access the URL of
> DoCoMo's i-Menu page with a PC browser you will
> simply get a message that this URL does not exist.
> Especially paid content sites will make sure that
> only people who have paid the subscription fee
> can access.
> Many non-menu sites provide access to different
> sections of the site for PCs and mobile phones
> (sometimes according to the model of the phone)
> under the same URL.
>
> Gerhard
>
> Michael Rollins wrote:
>
>>Greetings, List.
>>
>>I'm looking for a way to download all of the content for an
>>i-mode site to a local PC. "Offline" web browsers exist to
>>simplify this sort of thing for normal websites, but the ones
>>I've tried can't properly retrieve i-mode site content.
>>
>>Anything out there?
Gerhard Fasol, PhD                          Eurotechnology Japan K. K.
http://fasol.com/                       http://www.eurotechnology.com/