(keitai-l) Re: Offline Browser for Mobile Sites?

From: Arnold P. Siboro <asiboro_at_maltech.jp>
Date: 12/22/05
I think the i-menu page is inside DoCoMo's walled garden, so to the
internet the URL really does not exist..

On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 10:22:58 +0900
Gerhard Fasol <fasol@eurotechnology.com> wrote:

> Many i-mode sites block access from non-i-mode
> browsers.
> For example if you try to access the URL of
> DoCoMo's i-Menu page with a PC browser you will
> simply get a message that this URL does not exist.
> Especially paid content sites will make sure that
> only people who have paid the subscription fee
> can access.
> Many non-menu sites provide access to different
> sections of the site for PCs and mobile phones
> (sometimes according to the model of the phone)
> under the same URL.
>
> Gerhard
>
> Michael Rollins wrote:
> > Greetings, List.
> >
> > I'm looking for a way to download all of the content for an
> > i-mode site to a local PC. "Offline" web browsers exist to
> > simplify this sort of thing for normal websites, but the ones
> > I've tried can't properly retrieve i-mode site content.
> >
> > Anything out there?

Arnold P. Siboro (asiboro@maltech.jp)

"A tidy desk is a sign of untidy mind"
      --The Sputtering R&D Machine
         The Innovative Enterprise Aug 2002 - Harvard Business Review