(keitai-l) Re: Gmail Mobile

From: Christopher Kobayashi <chriskk_at_gmail.com>
Date: 12/22/05
It's mojibake for me too :-(

re: viewing the site via AU
Actually, for my keitai (W31SA) I can view the site using the gmail
page directly...
The process is kind of screwed up, and found it on a mixi.jp thread
located here:
http://mixi.jp/view_bbs.pl?id=3431465&comm_id=3488&page=all
(also, mentioned to me by a persistent friend Paul that lurks here :-p)
First you goto the login page, input username/password, check the
remember me, and then submit. The next page is blank, but if you kill
your browser and then go back to the site then it will show up. Of
course you still have the mojibake problem. This _should_ work for
most WIN-type AU mobiles.

re: mojibake
Going back to the thread, there is a suggestion that
is causing the mojibake. Specifically the application/xhtml+xml
portion. Perhaps if it were text/html, like
then things would not be a problem. Supposedly, the WAP2.0 browser
(Mobile Browser 6.2.0.9 KDDI-SA33 Universal Edition from Ooenwave
Systems) that's included with my keitai can handle UTF-8 encoding. Not
sure if the mime-type(suggested by other posts on this list) is also
an issue. Need to run some tests ...

Also, adding posting issues to the Google Groups setup for gmail
mobile(which I can't find now) might bring some light to these items.

chriskk
--
b: http://ver2.oreno.org/
e: chriskk@gmail.com