(keitai-l) Re: [way,way off topic] Re: imode JP news in English 2006

From: Nick May <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 12/29/05
On 28 Dec 2005, at 15:05, Michael(tm) Smith wrote:

(quoting little me...)

>> or at least - not doing terribly well - on  the newspaper side
>> of things.
>
> I also have a hard time quantifying "not doing terribly well".

A pair of links to put you out of your quantificationally challenged
misery... Ah! the joys of google... You really should try it you know.

2004
http://www.guardian.co.uk/values/socialaudit/story/
0,14327,1303764,00.html
<quote>
In the 2003-04 financial year, Guardian Newspapers Ltd reported that
losses had fallen from £7.5m to £6.2m on turnover, up from £216.7m to
£227.5m, a strong performance given the tough commercial and
competitive circumstances under which we operated
<quote/>

2005
http://www.guardian.co.uk/values/socialaudit/story/
0,14327,1603899,00.html
<quote>
Uppermost in our minds was the need to improve costs and revenues in
order to deliver a return on the investment made in the new paper,
which was largely responsible for pushing our operating losses from
£6.2m in 2004 to £48.3m in the financial year ending March 2005.
<quote />

Now - can we get back on topic?

Nick