(keitai-l) Re: Handsets with full web browsers

From: Christopher Kobayashi <chriskk_at_gmail.com>
Date: 12/29/05
> I have a W31T (Toshiba) and like it. A lot. There's a nice
> animation at the Toshiba site that illustrates the full-browser
> behavior.
>   http://www.toshiba.co.jp/product/etsg/cmt/au/w31t/w31t_02.htm

My better half just picked up the W32T (Toshiba) and it seems to be a
sweet keitai. Well, except for the color (pink), I'm jealous... A
couple of things that bother me about the full-browser (Opera ver
7.60) are the 'au style' banner that takes up about 15% of the screen
top's real estate for every page I look at. The Anti-Alias is
something new, but I personally prefer No Anti-Alias especially for a
small screen. Last thing that bothers me, the pricing cap is higher.
The lower plan (Double Teigaku Light) starts at ¥1,000/month and maxes
at ¥5,700/month, which is ¥1,500 more than the keitai-browser plan.
Everytime I see that little blinking PC icon at the top, I feel like
our money getting sucked out of our pockets and into their scheme.

>  And it's fast.
> (Though part of that comes from the fact that it's getting data on
> the Au CDMA 1X WIN network, at speeds up to 2.4 Mbs.)

You gotta love WIN!

Happy Holidays all,
chriskk
--