(keitai-l) Re: QR codes - used outside of Japan yet?

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 01/12/06
Michael,

QR-codes need quite high specifications for the camera,
and as far as I know most phones on the European
markets do not have sufficient quality yet. I guess
that QR-Codes will spread outside Japan in 3-5 years
time, when camer-phones outside Japan have caught
up with the specifications.

In Korea color codes are in heavy use, and have also
started in Japan. We have included a section on
color codes in our qr-code report. However, color codes
have a very different business model than QR-codes.

Gerhard

Michael(tm) Smith wrote:
> Are QR codes and QR-code-reading software for mobile handsets in
> use at all outside of Japan yet?
Gerhard Fasol, PhD                          Eurotechnology Japan K. K.
http://fasol.com/                       http://www.eurotechnology.com/