(keitai-l) Re: QR codes - used outside of Japan yet?

From: Philip Sugai <philip_at_iuj.ac.jp>
Date: 01/12/06
Ok.... Let me try this again....

Here's a link to a publicly available document which compares actual
penetration rates of "osaifu" keitai in Japan (the article says at the
time DoCoMo had shipped 6 million, with 10 million estimated by March
06).  But it continues to suggest that only 20% - 30% of users actually
have registered.  I would imagine that a much smaller percentage of
those who have subscribed actually use the service after they fiddle
around with it for the first time.
http://www.spectrum.ieee.org/nov05/2150 (but please, no links to a $400+
report with the hidden truth.  Straight answers are much appreciated).

Does anyone on this list know of similar information/articles which
highlight corporate deployment of QR codes versus consumer usage in a
similar manner?

Lectures on competitive marketing strategy can be taken offline.  Links
or insights on actual consumer usage figures would be much appreciated.

--Philip

Philip Sugai
Assistant Professor of Marketing
International University of Japan