(keitai-l) Re: [SPAM] Re: FOMA phones hacked?

From: Kyle Barrow <kyle_at_pukupi.com>
Date: 09/19/06
SMS works without any additional settings.

Packet data access is also easy to setup and Vodafone JP settings are included in the latest S60v3 setting wizard from Nokia. This can be used with Opera, POP/IMAP mail and any other application that needs net access.

I have never managed to get MMS to work. I got Vodafone Live working once on an older Nokia mobile but this was a pretty pointless exercise as VF content is heavily optimised for their mobiles.

I can see two reasons why Japanese carriers don't open up their settings like others overseas do:

1. They don't want to deal with support issues from non-carrier mobiles.
2. They want to keep you tied in to the fat revenue data services that are only available on carrier mobiles, music downloads in particular.

Kyle