(keitai-l) Re: Looking for web hosting provider in Japan

From: Paul Lester <paul_at_thetamusic.com>
Date: 12/20/06
Exactly....

    A site based in Japan will be faster accessed from Japan than another country and
vice versa.... You really notice this if you have a very fast connection.  But if you have less
than a 10 MB/s connection (which is extremely unlikely) than you may not notice.

    It surprised me but by paying attention I can tell if a site is hosted locally or not
by the download speed a lot of the time because I travel a bit and can see how fast it is
in different countries..... But I need to compare the speed across mutliple ISPs are at different
times.

    But for keitai sites... there is a lag there due to the mobile providers so its much harder to tell
as that will "cover it up" if your site is not hosted locally.  So for keitai sites... there's not as much
of a need for local hosting as there is for high traffic/high load web sites.

NETWISE | Michael Rollins wrote:

> With regard to latency, I'd say that depends on where you're connecting
> from. Pretty hard to beat Japan for speed if you're here in Japan.
>
> <shameless plug>
>
> We are (Tokyo), and support all of the stated hosting requirements.
> Kris, feel free to call/write if you want to know more.
>
> </shameless plug>
>
> Thanks,
>
> Michael
>
> Michael Rollins
> Director
> NETWISE New Media
> mrollins@netwise.jp
>
> Shibuya Business Kaikan 5F
> Shibuya 1-9-1, Shibuya-ku
> Tokyo  150-0002
> T/F: 03-5485-4636
> www.netwise.jp
>

> > I'd recomend hosts outside of Japan.
> > You'll get much better latency (!) for one-tenth the cost.
> >
> > On 12/20/06, Kris Honeycutt <k-honeycutt@nccmortgage.co.jp> wrote:
> > > I'm currently looking for a new web hosting provider for a
> > client in Japan.
> > > Ideally they would have English support available, however here is
> > > what I need:
> > >
> > > 1. Multidomain hosting for both PC and Mobile sites 2. Verisign SSL
> > > (or other JP mobile friendly) certificates available.
> > > 3. Support for ASP and MsSQL server.
>
> This mail was sent to address paul@thetamusic.com

Paul B. Lester
thetamusic.com(有)