(keitai-l) google phone

From: Nick May <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 01/19/07
This is just rumour/hype/vapourware, etc....

http://www.electronista.com/articles/07/01/18/google.switch.phone/

But I am curious as to whether people think the idea - having all
apps/data on the network - would fly?

I am skeptical - whatever google knows about you, it would appear the
US government can know probably about you just by whispering the word
"terrorism" in google's shell like ear. Which rather puts me off.

It's not just privacy concerns - it seems to be a backward step to
keep apps stored centrally.

Would carriers go for it? Lots more data transfers, true, but it
relegates them to "data pipe"status.

Any thoughts?

Nick

Kyushu Fixers
Facilitation Support in Fukuoka, Kyushu and South West Japan
http://kyushu-fixers.com