(keitai-l) Re: google phone

From: Joe Bowbeer <joe.bowbeer_at_gmail.com>
Date: 01/30/07
By the way, I should also mention that flat-rate data plans in US are
now priced between $10 to $40 per month, depending on the carrier and
specifics.  I'm reacting to statements such as:

> As for mobile carriers...hmm. Data plans in America are still ridiculously
> expensive in my mind

I pay $10/month for essentially unlimited data.  I can listen to 30
minute podcasts on my mobile without counting kilobytes.  I can even
run a Darwin Streaming Server on my home PC and stream (RTSP) .3gp
audio and video to my cell -- affordably.

Of course the frame rate is abysmal.  (So your smug Tokyo smiles have
nothing to fear.)

--Joe