(keitai-l) Re: Can i-mode user access their i-mode mial by computer?

From: Chris Houser <christopher.houser_at_gmail.com>
Date: 03/09/07
On 3/9/07, Zhao Yu <jtstar_0081@hotmail.com> wrote:
>  I mean, you can check your i-mode mail by your phone,   but can you check
> it when using a computer?

No. iMode has competitors that allow PC access, but iMode itself allows none.

> If you can't, where can you check your i-mode
> mail if you lose your cell phone?

Nowhere. The email accounts are tied to phone hardware.
On the other hand, there really is no "checking" of iMode mail.
Instead it's immediately sent to your cell, blackberry-style,
and erased from docomo's servers.
So even when you loose your phone, it'll still receive all your imode mail,
and docomo will be deleting it from their (more or less) POP server.