(keitai-l) Re: N73 question

From: Chris Houser <houser_at_kinjo-u.ac.jp>
Date: 03/23/07
On 3/22/07, Gerhard Fasol <fasol@eurotechnology.com> wrote:
> 1 packet = 128 byte (not Kb)

I understand this bizarre unit was chosen randomly,
yet all Japanese carriers seem to agree on it.
It exists only to confuse.
Clarify by multiplying the costs by 8,
giving, e.g., 1.7 yen/kb and then 1720 yen/mb.

> Actually, depending on your plan, the charges can be 10 times
> lower than 0.21 yen/packet.

What percentage of Japanese opt for flat-cost data plans?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confusopoly

> We have a detailed discussion + graphics of the pricing
> plans as a function of usage and comparison between operators
> in our 3G report, which you can find for download on our website
> (apologies to those allergic against such plugs)

I looked but couldn't find the graphic/report,
unless you mean a commercial pdf.
If so, recall that this mailing list, like the original usenet,
is for noncommercial discussion.
(This is a contract between you and the list;
it's not that other members are "allergic.")