(keitai-l) Re: N73 question

From: Nick May <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 03/23/07
On 23 Mar 2007, at 10:33, Chris Houser wrote:

> If so, recall that this mailing list, like the original usenet,
> is for noncommercial discussion.
> (This is a contract between you and the list;
> it's not that other members are "allergic.")

Would the list owners/administrator care to remind list members what
the rules actually are?

I must confess I was not aware I was party to a contract - or,
indeed, that a "list" could BE party to a contract.

Is Mr Houser an list administrator?

For myself - and this is just a personal opinion, my tolerance for
people implicitly "plugging" on the list depends on whether they are
also giving at least some info away for free, to the general benefit
of all. It is a matter of balance I think, with multiple shades of grey.

Are the rules as black and white as Mr Houser states?

Nick