(keitai-l) ubiquitous communicators and i-mode

From: Kapil Sharma <kapil.sharma_at_iap-online.com>
Date: 05/14/07
Hello,

When calling about i-mode. Am i correct if i can say that only the handsets
can access the i-mode network.

I m interested in getting the information whether i-mode network are
available to ubiquitous communicators.  Ubiquitous communicators can access
internet directly and hope they can run applets too.

That means handsets are the only choice for developing i-appli application.

But how can we develop the client applications on UC. I have heared of Java
implementation environment on T-engine as CDC+FP+PBP. I have T-engine so how
i can download the Profiles, what license are required. Can i use Doja
APIs..

About UC not supporting i-mode network thus i have founded a link

http://tronweb.super-nova.co.jp/tronnews03-7.html

Seeing the T-engine Architecture it seems that T-wireless NTTDocomo
Technology is coming under ported extensions and not porting(under
constuction). Therefore I wonder if they are not available in new generation
UC.

UC will be acting as Zombo therefore will be a futuristic Client of i-mode.

Therefore I m confused about UC as an i-mode client.

I know that UC can be a HTTP client.

Can anyone throw some light on this.

Thanks
Kapil