(keitai-l) Uploading files to server

From: Mark Cowan <m.y.cowan_at_gmail.com>
Date: 08/29/07
Okay I'm having trouble getting the files for a DoJa programme on to a
web server and then on to a DoCoMo phone.

I have jar and jam files, a description file, resource files and the
complied java file, plus the html file to trigger the download. My
question is which files go up and into which folders?

Several books and web mobile developer sites have said:

Upload the html page along with the .jar and .jam files for the
application onto a Web server.

I do that , but after seeing a powered by java downloading screen on
my phone I get a -

This software contains an error - message.

This happens even with the simplest of Hello World programmes. And the
programmes work perfectly fine with the DoJa emulator and Eclipse.

Which files should go up on the server? Where do the complied class
files go? Should .jar and .jam files be placed in a bin folder as they
are in Eclipse? Should resource files go into a res folder? Should I
be using a particular kind of server?