(keitai-l) Re: OpenMoko / Neo1973 in Japan?

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 10/07/07
OpenMoko according to my information has a GSM radio/modem
only - see below. Japan has several different and independent
radio networks (around 7-8 depending on how you count)
but none of them is GSM - therefore a GSM radio-based phone
like OpenMoko will not connect in Japan.

If you are looking for "smart phones" which work in Japan,
there are Symbian phones and MS-Windows mobile phones.

you can also use JAVA programming.

Or you can pursuade OpenMOKO to move from "legacy"
GSM and add wCDMA or HSDPA radios

Hope this helps

Gerhard

| GSM/GPRS
| The GSM (including GPRS) modem is Texas Instruments Calypso based.
|
|     * Connected to: S3C2410 UART1 (full-uart, RxD, TxD, CTS, RTS), /
dev/ttySAC0 in userspace
|     * PM Driver: https://svn.openmoko.org/trunk/src/target/kernel/
patches/gta01-power_control.patch