(keitai-l) Re: vodafone 903T is dying -- new phone recommendations?

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 06/16/08
On 2008-06-16 13:06 +0900 (Mon), Greg Conquest wrote:

> In other words, I want to have unrestricted use of the GPS,
> with that data going freely into google maps/google earth..., and the
> connection being over WiFi. I don't want to pay anyone anything for
> these features since they are all free.

Perhaps you don't know this, but virtually all keitai GPS systems are
not stand-alone, but get assistance from nearby cell-phone towers to
find out where they are. So it's not free to the carrier when you use
your GPS; it uses up some of their bandwidth.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson       <cjs@starling-software.com>        +81 90 7737 2974