(keitai-l) Re: Another Euro iMode story; accuracy??

From: Yoshinori Oikawa <y_oikawa_at_triangletech.com>
Date: 06/20/00
All of you are right, but you should not forget that I-mode got successful
because it is docomo.
They are gigantic and powerful and at the time I-mode started they were
about 54% of the cell market. I am not very much sure if J-phone or IDO/DDI
would take the same scheme as docomo they were successful as I-mode. I am
not trying to underestimate docomo of course.

As for bandwidth, docomo will move soon to 3G and seems that by 2002 they
will move to WAP. However, Docomo can not be expected. I.e. they invested in
Hachinson in HKG to deploy the I-mode and cHTML. However, they decided to
use MML over there. It is hard to predict what they will do.

Yoshi