(keitai-l) Re: I-mode in Europe

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_anima.de>
Date: 08/21/00
Paul Warmer wrote:
> [...] Europeans (certainly here in Holland)
> are married with their cars, spending a huge amount of time in their cars
> staring at the car in front of them, [...]
...than there should be a lot of demand for car navigation systems
(standard in every new japanese car), but there is almost NO demand
and the existing european car navigation systems are not very
reliable as far as I know (Remember the story of a guy driving
into a river in germany, because his navigation system showed a
bridge where normally a ferry crosses the river).

> So, direct copy and past will not be successful, but still there is a lot to
> learn and leverage from the Japanese market....
Right. But it seems that most european companys make this
with a strong anti Japan attitude*. And while these companys
still think Ringtones and Hello Kitty Pictures (translate this into
localized user demands) are not a business model, they will never
get anything comparable than Japan.

Juergen

*) Not even angry...but most germans I talk to still think that
this is a funny country with some 'all look the same', small, black
haired people with crazy hobbies, crowded trains and crazy
sex attitudes. That's almost right, but this makes the
creativity germans** normally lack.

**) I don't want to talk about other europeans than germans
here, because at least in this country I know what I am talk
about.