(keitai-l) Re: Privacy concerns: Contra contre

From: Scott McLennan <softdev_at_mocha.ocn.ne.jp>
Date: 08/21/00
Psst... (a word of advice)
+++DONT MENTION THE WAR+++

The Japanese are paranoid to give out personal informaton
about themselves. Say for example, a lot of city hall clerks
dont want to give out their names,phone numbers, a lot of them dont divulge
information about themselves. I worked with this guy who
naturally thought that Japanese would give out all the information
in the world about themselves over the phone. He was lost thinking
it was America. They are basically very closed and tight lipped when
it comes to expression.

In terms of the government/organizations I dont think they mind
government/corporate knowledge of their actions/movements.
Its part of living in a military society. Its democratic at base but
they have replaced the fuedal lord with the manager at work and the
shogun with the government. When you get married here, anyone can go to the
ward office to find out where you live and then bring round advertising
to your house. There is no real concept of privacy in terms of the state.
If I start putting lots of money in this trust account at the base of my
appartment
they will come round and give me a pamplet. Its a total joke. They are used
having all the rules decided and made up so surrending control and power to
a higher authority has been the central crux of their society for many
years.
Remember the big red clouds of smoke that blew up out of those ZeroSens
when they hit the battle ships in the pacific. And not too many questioned
whether it was right or not. I dont think they will question elements of the
big brother revolution either.

-scottie.
These opinions are strictly personal and should not be taken with too much
salt
or pepper. Just a dash of parsley and a trickle of olive sprinkled lightly
with
a gentle touch of brocoli..

Psst... (a word of advice)
+++DONT MENTION THE WAR+++
Just ask Seargeant Peppers Lonely heart club band!!!  he'll agree!!!