(keitai-l) Re: Privacy concerns contra usability?

From: Peter Roxburgh <peter.roxburgh_at_securetrading.com>
Date: 08/22/00
Juergen

>> Would you mind tell us who use the system then?
>This system is not invented to make business out of it...actually
>it's made to avoid big business...hint, hint, hint!

Interesting, this is not the first 'hint' that you have supplied us. I
really hope it's my paranoia that makes me think this is avoidance of
answering the question.

Thinking back to my days as a topographic & hydrographic surveyor I find
some of the elements that have the 'mix it, blend it, shake it up' treatment
somewhat dubious. Perhaps if you can't share the source of this data you
could divulge exactly which variables are used, oh and maybe an algorithm
would be useful?

>Do you also know that you can detect a mobile phone, even if it is switched
off [yes]? This doesn't work (not yet) >from very far away...this funny
little bear wake up.

Any particular bear? Yogi perhaps?

>From much closer [even closer!] you can also detect a mobile phone WITHOUT
>a battery...

Yes, the give away is its in the user's hand or bulging from their jeans
pocket.

>There is a great shop in Miami, Florida called SpyShop (the NYC
>based branch is not so good) where you can inform yourself about
>this technology, it's really amazing what kind of gadgets they
>have.

I'll look out for it!

Peter Roxburgh
Mobile Solutions Developer