(keitai-l) Re: Phone Number Transmission when conneting with iMode

From: Andrea Hoffmann <ah_at_anima.de>
Date: 08/28/00
Hi,

> From what I understand, official sites have access to full
> header info, including the user telephone #. This is usually
> also their email.

ASAIK this is not true for i-mode (that official sites get the
full header including the user's phone number), but even if it
_would_ be true, is the phone number not automatically also the
user's email address.

Fact is that most people change their default email=phonenumber
i-mode address (e.g. 09012345678@docomo.ne.jp) to something like
***suzuki@docomo.ne.jp.

But as soon as you change your mail address like that, the old
one (with the phone number) doesn't work anymore. which means
that you can't rely on the phone number information to get the
user's email address.

> However, unofficial sites dont have this, so the best you can
> do is have the form contain @docomo.ne.jp already.

that is probably the best way for all i-mode sites right now and
its also what you see on most i-mode sites.

Cheers,
Andrea
--
Andrea Hoffmann -- Editor-in-Chief --  hoffmann@westcyber.com