(keitai-l) Re: Feelings on Imode:

From: dc <dc_at_gamelet.com>
Date: 08/30/00
]  Neat. That's the first I've ever heard of kittyHawk for i-mode.
]  Did you hear
]  from a reliable source (like someone in DoCoMo) or just a rumor?
]  If you are allowed to reveal your source that might help,
]  however if you can't
]  (b/c of NDA or whatever) then we'll just have to see...

Vicki Abe (from SUN) presentation had this:

* Kittyhawk
First user interface toolkit designed specifically for small devices
Written for DoCoMo 503 project
Small footprint: ~200K
Functional predecessor of MIDP

so was KH dev'd partly by access?

]  It's definitely not hard to imagine that kittyHawk will be used
]  for i-mode --
]  Cybird relationship and direct work with Sun is the common theme
]  between ez-i
]  java in Korea and i-mode in DoCoMo.
]  However b/c of LG Telecom's links to J-Phone, I wonder...

Are the java phones out in korea already? They had some intersting stats on
usage, again with games taking lions share of accesses. But i'm not sure if
these numbers were for non-java services, or what they've seen already...

tx,

dc