(keitai-l) Re: New wireless whitepaper

From: Zimran Ahmed <zimran_at_creativegood.com>
Date: 09/26/00
dear all:

I thought the group would be interested in our new free white paper on
wireless customer experience. The "hook" of the report is that success in
wireless is not primarily about technology, or investors, or strategic
partnerships. Success in wireless is based primarily on a good customer
experience.

The report makes several points that are rarely heard (if not outright
opposed) in much of the wireless hype lately. For example:

- To succeed, a wireless service must provide a customer experience that
is better than existing alternatives. (This is the most important idea of
the white paper.)

- Customer experience in wireless is not the same as on the Web. (The
white paper lists how content, community, and e-commerce are different on
wireless.)

- Wireless devices and wireless customer experience is severely
constrained. To create a good wireless customer experience and thereby
succeed in the wireless industry, businesses must accept and work within
those constraints.

- WAP will not succeed in the current wireless marketplace.

- The WAP protocol itself is not inherently responsible for many of the
problems in the WAP customer experience.

The white paper also reviews the flaws of the U.S. carriers' strategy,
summarizes WAP, discusses "inch-scale design," and gives no-hype answers
to questions about Java and other technologies.

I highly recommend reading the white paper, and not just because I'm a
co-author! It's a free, quick download -- just 54k. I'd be interested in
all your comments. it talks a bit about i-Mode, but talks in more general
terms about wireless access through small devices.

You can download the paper (54k pdf) at:
http://www.creativegood.com/wireless/

you can read a summary (and then download) at:
http://www.goodexperience.com/columns/092500wireless.html

zimran@creativegood.com
Creative Good
http://www.creativegood.com
212.736.2075

NEW: Download our paper on the wireless customer experience (free)
http://www.creativegood.com/wireless/

Check out our fall conference:
October 11-12, San Francisco
http://www.ecustomerexperience.com