(keitai-l) Re: Ericsson's new phone - with colour display

From: Petri Ojala <ojala_at_iki.fi>
Date: 03/22/01
> Not bad - just the size perhaps. And it is actually only for the
> High-speed GSM (channel bundled) not even GPRS yet.

Yes, lack of GPRS is a real drawback with that product (9210).  However I
wouldn't be suprised if they do something about that before the product
really hits the market or there will be an upgrade.  Just think about the
Bluetooth solution for their 6210..

Personally I've been suprised how well the corporate business users
(obviously IT people, network people, financial people, ...) have adopted
the older Communicator (9110), which is about the same size but worse
keyboard and display.  Many of these people either have a second phone for
"carry-on" needs or don't mind the size, after all smaller size would also
mean smaller display and smaller keyboard and thus less usability.

I used the 9110 for a while myself.  I found some of the features useful but
I have some perfectionist preferences and didn't like the size of it.  I
found Palm V(x) a reasonably good match of style, size and features.  I like
the size and features of 8210/8850 for GSM use but right now I'm carrying
6210 due the need for WAP (just testing ;-) and HSCSD (GSM data, up to 42k).

Petri