(keitai-l) Re: NEC's new GPRS phone

From: Petri Ojala <ojala_at_iki.fi>
Date: 03/24/01
> Yes, most likely, but it is not official yet. And there are also some
> uncertainties. i-mode would in this case rather mean GPRS + colour screen +
> XHTML Basic (incl. CHTML and WML 1.3 (possibly full WAP 1.2), JPEG) + POP3
> email + SMS + SSL.

POP3 email, sure, but..  I was wondering if any wireless carrier is offering
any decent e-mail service yet?  From technical perspective it's peanuts to
deliver your e-mail to your wristwatch but to provide a manageable, useful
e-mail service that integrates with your existing e-mail system, that's
quite a different story.  And I'm not talking about the disposable consumer
e-mail usage that's no different from SMS messages.

It's already difficult enough to handle e-mail efficiently with your desktop
and laptop/PDA systems so that you have a control of your e-mail and e-mail
archives..

Best regards,
Petri