(keitai-l) Re: Actual i-mode users in Nov.2000: 3,870,689 (roughestimate)

From: Alistair Jeffs <alistair_at_nervewireless.com>
Date: 03/28/01
At 19:49 28/03/2001 +0900, you wrote:
> >      Actual i-mode users in Nov.2000: 3,870,689 (rough estimate)
>
> >      anniversary, but the press there didn't pick up on it), iMode active
> >      users
> >      (web access, NOT just email) are over 90% of our subscriber base.
>
>Ren
>
>What's the difference between "Actual i-mode users" and "iMode active users"
>(apart from the statistics and lack of concern for the spelling of i-mOde)?

one of the things i noticed on nooper in their street snaps of keitai users
was that not many (if any) were doing data things
[http://nooper.co.jp/showcase/gallery.php?s=0&l=en].

and, a couple of other pieces i've heard lately:

-pr0n is the one and only thing that's doing m-commerce on iMode phones

-mckinsey came up with the idea of iMode and sold it to NTT

anyone have any comments?

alistair