(keitai-l) Re: The first real Japanese phone outside Japan

From: Hubert Hung-Hsien Chang <hubert_at_4w1h.com>
Date: 03/31/01
On Sat, 31 Mar 2001, JAPON.NET wrote:

> > http://www.sanyousa.com/consumer_electronics/pcs/scp-5000.html
> It seems based on the RZ-J91 and C401SA, best-selling models for DDIPocket
> and AU, and coming to J-Phone next week with a camera in the back.
> The US specs mention "One Touch Web Access", what's the browser?

I read it from the mercurynews.com

http://www.sv.com/docs/news/ptech/019406.htm

But I believe the pricing is high. $499.99 I am not sure if I want to
buy it. Ericsson's R380 is also good but at the $600 price tag.
Too scary. You might as well buy Kyocera's Palm OS phone using
Verizon( this is a correction, last time I said Sprint PCS it is
wrong. Sprint PCS has LG phone which is close to the Palm phone
but it doesn't have stylus character recognition software.)

What is not clear to me is the resolution. I think it is probably
12 bits color at least. ( or 16bits?!) well, I will go to the store
next week and check it out.

Hubert