(keitai-l) Re: "Keitai" vs. "PHS"? Now I'm all confused....

From: Andrea Hoffmann <ah_at_anima.de>
Date: 04/01/01
Hi,

> In the recent issue of J@pan Inc, Daniel Scuka
> uses "keitai" as opposed to "PHS", rather than
> PHS as a *kind* of keitai.

I also heard that both words are used that way, e.g. by saying "I have a
keitai" or "I have a PHS" (which is different).

I wonder if that is still true or maybe changing recently. Also, what
would you say if you have a doccimo, which incorporates both keitai and
PHS?

> When I had a PHS phone, I still said "Call me
> on my keitai...."  Was I being presumptuous?
> Is keitai really a synonym for "*cellular* phone"?

Yes, at least it used to be.

Cheers,
Andrea