(keitai-l) Re: New products and services

From: Jay Bain <jay_at_cyberzen.com>
Date: 04/12/01
That's very interesting, perhaps PQAs (we're releasing them for
HaikuHaiku.com) would be more usable, and occupy a 'user space' somewhere
in between an iappli and a PQA (basically a standalone browser 'wrapper'
around a query form).

One advantage to this is that a user can leave specific 'sites' or
applications on their Palm OS 'desktop'.

Speaking of which, I'm interested in developer solutions to saving 'state',
such as a user id, in iapplie applications.  Is this possible? Do I have to
re-download the iappli each time I want to use it? Thus no personal data saved?

In building our PQAs I've also been similarly frustrated (so far); Palm.net
can detect my zip code (how the analog of this 'lookup' will work in Japan
will be interesting), but a Mapquest PQA doesn't save my address like
Mapquest.com does (using a cookie), and when using my PQA, from a usability
perspective that's when I need it saved more than ever.

The revenue combo will be interesting as well.  Will Palm.net usage in
Japan be rolled into one's iMode fees, and will the combined pricing be
relatively lower than in the US? Here in SF, unlimited queries on my Palm
VII run $45/month, plus my SprintPCS is about $60/month.    Its got to get
cheaper... :)