(keitai-l) Re: Javascripting in Imode

From: Michael Turner <leap_at_gol.com>
Date: 04/17/01
Java != Javascript

Therefore:

Java-scripting != Javascripting

O, the confusion, the confusion.  This
will never end, I'm sure, until one of
the two languages is dead, or renamed.

It certainly doesn't help that both Javascript and
Java can be used on both client and server
sides. (I believe server-side Javascript is
vanishingly rare, though, and applets are
considered annoyances for the most part.)

I actually kind of hope that phones will
never run Javascript, a language so torn
at a tender age by browser-war custody
battles that it never really had a chance
to grow up.  It's the Elian Gonzalez of
scripting tools, and any remedy for this
situation is about as likely as Janet Reno
and Fidel Castro eloping in the Bahamas.

Besides, there are enough programming languages
already.  (He says, sighing and glancing wearily
at his bookshelf.)

-m
leap@gol.com