(keitai-l) Shift-JIS

From: Adriaan Tijsseling <adriaan.tijsseling_at_aist.go.jp>
Date: 04/18/01
Hi all,

I was trying to create a test i-mode chtml page, using a mix of english and
japanese and saving it in ISO-2022-JP text-encoding. However, on my keitai
(N209i) I get to see garbage unless I do a "change character encoding" twice
to get to the right display. I tried other encodings, but those didn't work
at all.

How do I force the proper encoding of my i-mode page?

The page was created on a Mac using built-in Japanese input methods saved to
proper encoding with a Multilingual Unicode website editor (Muwse). Btw, the
i-mode page shows up correctly on standard webbrowsers.

I know the keitais support Shift-JIS as standard, but that seems to be the
standard encoding the MacOS uses for japanese text display.

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated!

Adriaan

Dr. Adriaan Tijsseling

adriaan.tijsseling@aist.go.jp
http://www.tijsseling.com/academic
http://www.aist.go.jp

Cognitive Neuroinformatics Group
Neuroscience Research Institute
National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST)
Umezono 1-1-4, Tsukuba 305-8568, JAPAN
Tel: +81-298-615369
Fax: +81-298-615841