(keitai-l) Re: I-mode: Success by accident -or- How journalism works.

From: JAPON.NET <web_at_japon.net>
Date: 05/11/01
Tony

Let me comment on facts, sometimes forgotten in the arguments:

As others should point out, Natasha's pages were NOT an independent,
official i-mode site but part of the official i-mode site of Nokia. The
Nokia site had several contents, Natasha was one of them. ie. a regular
column in a magazine.

on 01.5.11 2:30 PM, Tony Chan at tonyc@telecomasia.net wrote:
(...)
> It must be a really good thing then that DoCoMo suddenly found
> themselves with a 9.6k packet network which they built years ago and
> just had lying around doing absolutely nothing.
They had quite a few things, including mail capable handsets, and several
terminals and modems. Not comparable to i-mode, but better than many other
countries at the time.

> But they should have
> launched the i-mode service with more than 1 handset, after all, they
> have two for the FOMA launch, not to mention the fact they commissioned
> a dozen.
They had three: P501i, F501i and N501i -which I got :-)

PS. I welcome media quotes, AFTER checking with the one being quoted.

Vincent J. Luna, Director
--
JAPON.NET llc.: Making Your Company Visible in Japan
web_at_japon.net   http://www.japon.net/web/

iMode Eye: Independent Source on Japan's mBiz
日本のモバイルシーンを海外に!
http://www.japon.net/imode/