(keitai-l) Re: I-mode: Success by accident -or- Howjournalism works.

From: Nick May <nick_at_kyushunet.com>
Date: 05/11/01
(This is in no way aimed at Jeurgen)

TONY:

The burden of your article seems to be

....someone who is A GURU but whose real name you will not tell us stated
that....

 ...some content on a site he went to disappeared....

 ....you attribute to the the pseudonymous GURU the thought that it is
because the sites business model was bad

....but you do not check yourself why the column disappeared - or if you
do you do not say so in the article - so we have no reason to believe that
the pseudonymous GURU's off the cuff musings are accurate. Did Jeurgen
even say this? I thought it was just the column that went...)

....and from this you conclude that:

>So if a reportedly sticky content site ñ operating, I imagine,  on a
>shoestring ñ serving the worldís most successful wireless Internet
>service still can't make it, what chance do wireless content providers
>worldwide have?

So:

speculation, based on off the cuff musings by someone you do not name,  in
an article otherwise filled with inaccuracies - and on this shaky
foundation you appear to forecast the worldwide demise of wireless content
providers.....

My my....

a "journalist" you say you are?

What's next  "'Doonesbury' strip leaves 'The Guardian' newspaper - end of
publishing in sight?"

Nick