(keitai-l) Re: i-mode emulators and samples

From: christopher lowery <chris_at_onegoodwindow.com>
Date: 05/18/01
Hm. SDK advocacy for beginners eh?
Hi John, here are some other links to follow. The last one
is great - a long video of a friendly DoCoMo exec telling
a bunch of Stanford students how wonderful imode is.

Since imode is cHTML, a subset of HTML, you don't need a phone
to see imode sites. You can use plain old IE or Netscape, though
you'll want to change your document encoding to Shift-JIS.

If you want to make iAppli, java programs for the new 503i's,
you'll have to work a little harder, but there are SDKS and
emulators flowering all over the place - a few are below.

as the WAP FAQ says, never trust just one SDK, or partisan.
-chris.

kajas - imode/iAppli links
http://www.kajas.com/

mimic emulator
http://www.x-9.com/mimic/

imode developer links
http://www.ai.mit.edu/people/hqm/imode/IAppliDev.html
http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley-Cupertino/1621/

java iappli emulator classes
http://uni-labo.com/products/iEmulator/eindex.html

Industry Thought Leaders Seminar (MS&E472)
Takeshi Natsuno, executive director, Gateway Business Department, NTT
DoCoMo
http://www.stanford.edu/class/msande472/

p.s. then again I did go download whiteboard.