(keitai-l) Re: i-mode emulators and samples

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_nooper.com>
Date: 05/20/01
> I thought i-mode would be as simple as downsizing my
> html, but now I have to deal with the bs I put up with
> when doing wml things for the different phones.
> I can't wait for standardization....

Don't mix standardization and individualisation...
HTML is a standard but it can even look different from
browser to browser, from computer to computer and so
on.

A phone is *hardware* and can not (yet) updated by a
software download. So if you want to reach all people
with whatever you do, it's necessary to tweak your application
to fit every device by using the smallest common standard or
by sniffing the handset maker and deliver the most optimized
interface.

Waiting for the Volks-Phone will be a long wait...

Juergen
--
Juergen Specht  [ Nooper.com - Mobile Services Inc. ]  http://nooper.com
New: i-mode/iAppli testing service NooperLabs: http://nooper.co.jp/labs/